Manager / Senior Manager, Audit Valuation Specialist, Rapid Innovation, Karachi
We are expanding our audit valuation and impairment practice in the MENA region and looking for talented professionals with a background in financial valuation, modelling, analytics and impairment reviews to assess and provide value and insight to our client portfolio.
This opportunity will be based in our center of excellence in Karachi, Pakistan and will support the client engagements across the region.
This role provides substantial potential for growth and learning, given the business agenda and focus to induct and develop the Audit Support Specialist hub across the region with primary focus in Karachi, Pakistan.
Your key responsibilities
As an executive of the Audit Specialist Support Hub, you will spend your day working as a member of MENA audit teams advising, coaching and challenging your colleagues on various valuation estimates and assumptions, including assessing appropriateness of the valuation techniques and methodology used to develop those estimates and assumption.
You will understand the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client and your audit colleagues, agreeing value techniques and methodology, and providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions, and advice.
As an Audit ValuationSpecialist lead, you will manage a team to assist in the audit procedures over the measurement of valuation accounting estimates.
This will include developing an independent point estimate or range, testing the client’s process for developing the estimate and evaluating the work of management’s specialist to determine how and whether it can be used as audit evidence (and to assist with the design and execution of any additional procedures)
You will plan, prepare, and review deliverables in various forms including excel data books, written reports, presentations, and discussions with the client.
Your role as a leader will be fundamental in establishing a positive working and learning culture, excellent communication within the team and a collaborative and open relationship with your audit colleagues.
As an EY leader you will provide coaching to your team and colleagues, and participate in regular feedback cycles.
Skills and attributes for success
For this role it is essential to deliver and assess the situation and solution strategically. In addition, as it is a new team supporting MENA audit engagements, we are looking for talented professionals with strong communication and leadership skills to drive the team and regional agenda.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of accounting & financial management
- Minimum of seven years of work experience in financial consulting, with a specific focus in financial valuation
- Valuation and modelling experience in the various sectors. As a minimum, it is expected you should have performed multiple business valuations (DCF / Guideline Public Companies Method and Precedent Transactions methods) and purchase price allocations, developed complex financial models (including debt financing), prepared feasibility studies and supported on the review of multiple 3rd party appraisal reports.
- In-depth understanding of complex valuation fundamentals discounts & premiums, option pricing models, PWERM, intangible asset valuation , and experience in market assessment, market sizing and supply-demand gaps analysis
- Strong excel skills to design, test and build valuation models
- Knowledge in IFRS and managing complex audit engagements
- Experienced in analytics, including data collection, reconciliations and classification
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
- Flexibility to travel across the MENA region based on client engagements
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Previous valuation and modelling experience in a professional services / Big 4 or similar environment
- Understanding of the broader GCC / MENA market
- Ability to Identify and address indicators of possible management bias towards accounting valuation estimates.
- Exercise professional skepticism when verifying valuation estimates and assumptions because of their inherent nature.
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand-new strategic vision both internally and externally.
You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer :
- Continuous learning : You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you : We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership : We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture : You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.